1. Blockage of hair follicles (pores) where sebum is produced, by dead skin cells (Abnormal Keratinisation)
2. Overproduction of sebum.
3. Proliferation or overgrowth of P.acnes bacteria and consequent inflammation.
Adult acne can be caused by 5 main reasons:
- Hormone fluctuations at period times and at around the menopause.
- Stress which in turn affects stress hormone production and hormone imbalance
- Use of wrong skincare products which is not suitable for their skin type. It is important to remember that people who suffer with acne can have normal, dry or oily skin and treatment options vary depending on the skin type.
- High GI-index food that is food containing high levels of sugar can initiate a destructive pathway stimulating excess activity of the sebum producing glands.
- Environmental factors such as pollution, using dirty makeup brushes, not washing pillowcases frequently, using hair products and over-washing of the face depletes natural oils and stimulate compensatory oil production by the skin.
The goals of treatment include:
- Decreasing sebaceous gland activity
- Decreasing bacteria level
- Correcting abnormal keratinisation
- Reducing inflammation
It is important to bear in mind that it can take 2-5months for improvements to be seen.
Before and after (Home care)
Spots of acne and rosacea are often misinterpreted. Despite both conditions causing redness, bumps, and pustules on the face, they are not the same. There are indeed many similarities between these two conditions. Firstly, they are very common. Secondly, they are...
Menopausal acne seems to be a problem faced by some but not all women going through menopause. Why? We are all unique and our ideal balance whether its hormones, exercise, sleep, or stamina all vary between us and from time to time. There is no denying...
There are many changes to expect during pregnancy and skin changes are just one of them. In this blog, I will be discussing benign skin concerns that you may expect during pregnancy that prompts a visit to a cosmetic skin clinic. However, there are other skin...
Book Your Treatment Today
Five Good Reasons To Choose Skin Enhance And Wellness
Just what makes our cosmetic skin and wellness clinic so unique?
Here are five reasons why you should choose us when you are considering cosmetic treatment.
- The guiding principle of Skin Enhance And Wellness is to deliver exceptional patient care and Dr Tash always has her patient’s welfare at heart.
2. You start with a face-to-face consultation and there will be plenty of time to consider all your options, and ask any questions you might have before you decide, together with Dr Tash, what treatment is right for you.
3. Dr Tash will work with you to identify the correct solution for you, one that is appropriate for your needs and meets your expectations.
4. Dr Tash only ever uses the best products that are sourced for her clinic through official UK Pharmacies eliminating, as far as is possible, any risk to her patients and assuring the quality of the treatments given.
5. While Dr Tash knows that to most people having cosmetic treatment is all about being more confident, she firmly believes that consultation can also help to reduce any emotional and psychological effects that a patient might be experiencing with some skin conditions. There are many other things that Dr Tash can advise you on, and these include professional skincare products and maintaining healthy skin and wellbeing.