Cheeks filler can be an instant fix for a tired-looking face. Why? As we age, the retreat of the cheekbones and shrinking of soft tissue, as well as downward descent due to gravity, can make the cheeks look more flatter. The sliding of soft tissue around the nose can exacerbate folds between the nose and mouth, mouth to chin lines, as well as contribute to jowls. So indirectly the ageing changes in the cheeks affect not only the mid-face but also the eyes, chin, jawline, and the overall shape of your face. The upper parts appear deflated while the lower part fuller contributing to an aged appearance to your face.
We can address this quickly and effectively with cheek fillers. A hyaluronic acid-based product naturally found in the skin is injected at specific points to restore the youthful curve of your face to give it a softer, natural, and refreshed appearance. Once injected it draws water from the surrounding tissue and integrates naturally into your cheeks. The treatment aims to balance the face by restoring lost volume, lifting, and even reducing nose-to-mouth lines.
As the treatment targets a non-mobile area, cheek fillers do last 9-12 months. It is a preferred treatment for contouring and beautification in the younger age group and restoration and harmoniation in a mature patient.
At a Glance
|NUMBER OF TREATMENTS||1|
|PROCEDURE TIME||30 mins|
|RECOVERY TIME||24-48 hours|
|BACK TO NORMAL||Usually immediately|
|FINAL RESULTS||Immediately - 4 weeks|
|DURATION OF RESULTS||9-12 months usually longer|
|POSSIBLE COMPLICATIONS||Bruising, infection, swelling, allergic reaction|
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I look dramatically different after this treatment?
Dr Tash’s ethos is to give you a refreshed and restored appearance and treatment is tailor-made to your requirements. The effects are so subtle you may not look any different to loved ones who see you on a daily basis. The fillers we choose in Skin Enhance and Wellness are extremely successful at integrating with your natural collagen to give a smooth appearance.
Can the filler move to other areas?
No. The premium fillers used in Skin Enhance and Wellness have been licenced and researched for many years. Once injected the product stays where it is injected and does not move anywhere else.
Is the treatment painful?
Everyone’s pain threshold is different and most fillers come with a local anaesthetic (lidocaine) that means the treatment can be done without any additional anaesthetic, but please talk to Dr Tash if an anaesthetic cream is needed. The technique for the treatment can be with the use of a needle or a cannula and Dr Tash is trained in both techniques and will choose the right delivery option for the best outcome.
What can I expect immediately after the treatment?
What can go wrong with the treatment?
Dr Tash is confident in her skills and the cheek is a safe area to have fillers. If there is a problem with the site of the product, Dr Tash will inject a protein to rapidly dissolve the filler, safely and within a few hours.
You will always have Dr Tash’s personal number to contact, at any time, for reassurance.
How long do dermal fillers last?
The time a filler lasts varies depending on your lifestyle and the product chosen and where it is injected. It is gradually broken down by the body and will disappear over 6-9 months, but when fillers are placed in deeper tissues such as the cheeks, they can last longer.
Are there any circumstances when you would be unable to have this treatment?
Can dermal filler treatment be done alongside other treatments?
Is there anything I can’t do before or after the treatment?
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen
- Vitamins supplements like fish oils, omega-3 fatty acids, high dose vitamin E, garlic, gingko biloba and St John’s wort
Any medication being taken that can increase bleeding such as blood thinners or steroids should not be stopped and must be discussed with Dr Tash.
It is also recommended you are careful when washing after the filler treatment. Avoid rubbing the area and avoid make up for 24 hours to reduce any risk of infection. Your aftercare will be discussed in more detail at the face-to-face consultation.
If I stop having the treatment would I look worse than I started off with?
Examples of subtle cheek enhancement
Lip fillers, like it or loathe it, are very popular. Most people think it is for young women who want big, pouty lips. But, in my clinic in Billericay, Essex I use dermal fillers in the lips for many reasons. Read on to find out why and how I use dermal fillers in the...
Dermal fillers are gels of varying viscosity injected under the skin to volumise and create lift. Nowadays, most dermal fillers are hyaluronic acid-based. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally produced substance in your skin providing hydration and bounce. Dermal fillers are...
Wrinkles are the result of ageing skin and volume loss. Although natural, it can make you feel self-conscious, especially if you feel that they make you look older than you feel. Celebrities will have you believe they don't have wrinkles and conceal their treatments....
Book Your Treatment Today
Five Good Reasons To Choose Skin Enhance And Wellness
Just what makes our cosmetic skin and wellness clinic so unique?
Here are five reasons why you should choose us when you are considering cosmetic treatment.
- The guiding principle of Skin Enhance And Wellness is to deliver exceptional patient care and Dr Tash always has her patient’s welfare at heart.
2. You start with a face-to-face consultation and there will be plenty of time to consider all your options, and ask any questions you might have before you decide, together with Dr Tash, what treatment is right for you.
3. Dr Tash will work with you to identify the correct solution for you, one that is appropriate for your needs and meets your expectations.
4. Dr Tash only ever uses the best products that are sourced for her clinic through official UK Pharmacies eliminating, as far as is possible, any risk to her patients and assuring the quality of the treatments given.
5. While Dr Tash knows that to most people having cosmetic treatment is all about being more confident, she firmly believes that consultation can also help to reduce any emotional and psychological effects that a patient might be experiencing with some skin conditions. There are many other things that Dr Tash can advise you on, and these include professional skincare products and maintaining healthy skin and wellbeing.