Dermal fillers are successfully used to fill volume loss in the face, add more definition or create more projection depending on your facial proportions. The type of filler used to treat different areas depends on the desired outcome and what will suit your face.
At a Glance
|NUMBER OF TREATMENTS||1|
|PROCEDURE TIME||30 mins|
|RECOVERY TIME||24-48 hours|
|BACK TO NORMAL||Usually immediately|
|FINAL RESULTS||Immediate - 4 weeks|
|DURATION OF RESULTS||6-9 months usually longer depending on the product|
|POSSIBLE COMPLICATIONS||Bruising, infection, swelling, allergic reaction|
Disclaimer: Each person is unique so there will always be variation in individual response to treatment, recovery, and downtime following treatment. Please bear in mind that the above are estimates. Please book an appointment with Dr Tash for your tailor-made treatment plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I look dramatically different after this treatment?
Can the filler move to other areas?
Is the treatment painful?
What can I expect immediately after the treatment?
What can go wrong with the treatment?
You will always have Dr Tash’s personal number to contact at any time for reassurance.
How long do dermal fillers last?
Are there any circumstances when you might not be able to have this treatment?
Can dermal filler treatment be done alongside other treatments?
Is there anything I can’t do before or after the treatment?
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen
- Vitamins supplements like fish oils, omega-3 fatty acids, high dose vitamin E, garlic, gingko biloba and St John’s wort
Any medication being taken that can increase bleeding like blood thinners or steroids must not be stopped and must be discussed with Dr Tash.
It is also recommended you are careful when washing after the filler treatment, avoid rubbing the area and avoid make up for 24hours to reduce any risk of infection. Your aftercare will be discussed in more detail at the face-to-face consultation.
If I stop having the treatment would I look worse than I started off with?
How much will the treatment cost?
Examples of subtle dermal filler treatment to nose to mouth lines
Chin filler has increased in popularity thanks to selfies on social media. The most flattering selfies are achieved by tilting your chin up to get the best light reflection on your face. Hence, elongating your jawline minimising any jowls. As a result, the chin...
Cheek filler is a popular treatment to lift and sculpt your cheeks. But did you know that it can do more than that? The cheeks are one of the main areas you lose volume with facial ageing. Dermal fillers can be strategically placed along the cheekbones to provide a...
Lip fillers, like it or loathe it, are very popular. Most people think it is for young women who want big, pouty lips. But, in my clinic in Billericay, Essex I use dermal fillers in the lips for many reasons. Read on to find out why and how I use dermal fillers in the...
Dermal fillers are gels of varying viscosity injected under the skin to volumise and create lift. Nowadays, most dermal fillers are hyaluronic acid-based. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally produced substance in your skin providing hydration and bounce. Dermal fillers are...
Wrinkles are the result of ageing skin and volume loss. Although natural, it can make you feel self-conscious, especially if you feel that they make you look older than you feel. Celebrities will have you believe they don't have wrinkles and conceal their treatments....
Sunken eyes are a very common complaint among both men and women. It is particularly bothersome because it can make you look tired even if you’ve had plenty of sleep. So, despite feeling refreshed and ready to work, your appearance says otherwise.What causes sunken...
Facial fillers contain hyaluronic acid. They act like sponges holding on to hydration and plumping the area. Hence, they are an amazing way of restoring volume and lifting facial features. As facial fillers affect how light falls and reflect off your face, we can take...
Dermal fillers have become very popular in volumising and sculpting facial features. They offer a temporary, yet versatile option to offset ageing changes. Restoring your youthful features can help boost your confidence without going under the knife. We can get some...
Your eyes are the first to show signs of ageing and tiredness so how can you maintain youthful-looking eyes? Read on to discover why you see what you see and how to maintain youthful-looking eyes. Why is the eye area the first to show tell-tale signs of ageing?Let’s...
Book Your Treatment Today
Five Good Reasons To Choose Skin Enhance And Wellness
Just what makes our cosmetic skin and wellness clinic so unique?
Here are five reasons why you should choose us when you are considering cosmetic treatment.
- The guiding principle of Skin Enhance And Wellness is to deliver exceptional patient care and Dr Tash always has her patient’s welfare at heart.
2. You start with a face-to-face consultation and there will be plenty of time to consider all your options, and ask any questions you might have before you decide, together with Dr Tash, what treatment is right for you.
3. Dr Tash will work with you to identify the correct solution for you, one that is appropriate for your needs and meets your expectations.
4. Dr Tash only ever uses the best products that are sourced for her clinic through official UK Pharmacies eliminating, as far as is possible, any risk to her patients and assuring the quality of the treatments given.
5. While Dr Tash knows that to most people having cosmetic treatment is all about being more confident, she firmly believes that consultation can also help to reduce any emotional and psychological effects that a patient might be experiencing with some skin conditions. There are many other things that Dr Tash can advise you on, and these include professional skincare products and maintaining healthy skin and wellbeing.