Consultation for Excessive Sweating
Excessive underarm sweating
The commonest area for excessive sweating is the underarm area although some individuals experience excessive sweating in the palms of hands, the soles of feet and the face. The cause is often unknown.
According to the International Hyperhidrosis Society, 5% of the World’s population (365 Million people) suffer from excessive sweating so you are not alone. You may find the following website informative.
Why do we sweat?
The reason why we sweat is to cool our body down. Some areas of our body have a higher concentration of sweat glands.
There are two types of sweat glands. The eccrine glands are found on the palms, soles of our feet, the forehead, cheeks and armpits. They produce odourless, clear fluid which when evaporates from the body surface helps to cool the body down.
The other type of sweat glands is the apocrine glands. These are found in the armpits and genital area. They produce a thicker fluid and when this fluid comes in contact with bacteria on the skin surface, produces ‘body odour’.
Both types of sweat glands are activated by nerves in response to hormones, emotions or physical activity.
In people who suffer from excessive sweating or hyperhidrosis, the sweat glands (mainly eccrine glands) are overreactive producing more sweat.
It is important to establish if there are any medical causes for the excessive sweating before treatment is undertaken therefore consultation with a doctor is key.
If you suffer from excessive sweating and want to know what is offered at Skin Enhance and Wellness, please contact the clinic via email and further details will be sent to you. This includes frequently asked question and include:
What products are used for the treatment and how it works?
What to expect during a consultation?
How the treatment is done, how long the procedure will take and if numbing cream will be used?
What to expect immediately after and if there are any restrictions you should be aware of?
Are there any complications?
How soon after treatment will it take effect?
Are there any circumstances where you can’t have this treatment and how you need to prepare for it?
How long will the results last?
How safe is the treatment?
Aftercare advise and how to access the clinic?
What will the treatment cost?
Please make an appointment for a consultation to discuss your concerns, assess suitability and consider treatment options which may involve prescription-only medication.
If you are suitable for treatment, you will be invited back for another appointment for the procedure.
Book Your Treatment Today
Five Good Reasons To Choose Skin Enhance And Wellness
Just what makes our cosmetic skin and wellness clinic so unique?
Here are five reasons why you should choose us when you are considering cosmetic treatment.
- The guiding principle of Skin Enhance And Wellness is to deliver exceptional patient care and Dr Tash always has her patient’s welfare at heart.
2. You start with a face-to-face consultation and there will be plenty of time to consider all your options, and ask any questions you might have before you decide, together with Dr Tash, what treatment is right for you.
3. Dr Tash will work with you to identify the correct solution for you, one that is appropriate for your needs and meets your expectations.
4. Dr Tash only ever uses the best products that are sourced for her clinic through official UK Pharmacies eliminating, as far as is possible, any risk to her patients and assuring the quality of the treatments given.
5. While Dr Tash knows that to most people having cosmetic treatment is all about being more confident, she firmly believes that consultation can also help to reduce any emotional and psychological effects that a patient might be experiencing with some skin conditions. There are many other things that Dr Tash can advise you on, and these include professional skincare products and maintaining healthy skin and wellbeing.