There are 2 common reasons for having a lip filler treatment. One is to reverse age-related changes and the other is to enhance lips with more volume, symmetry or definition or a combination of all. With ageing, genetics or smoking, skin changes lead to lines around the mouth and loss of fullness and projection of the lips. This can be successfully treated with dermal fillers. The type of augmentation will vary according to your age.
Here at Skin Enhance and Wellness, the emphasis is on making you feel more confident and Dr. Tash believes in natural-looking results. Although lip fillers are popular for replacing volume and definition, it is amazing for correcting asymmetry and proportions of the upper and lower lips. The treatment helps to improve the general condition of the lips as hyaluronic acid can hold many times its weight in water and hydrate the lips. After treatment, these premium lip fillers integrate seamlessly to give natural effects for months to come.
At a Glance
|NUMBER OF TREATMENTS||1|
|PROCEDURE TIME||30-45 mins|
|RECOVERY TIME||24-48 hours|
|ANAESTHETIC||Topical cream for 20-30mins before the procedure|
|BACK TO NORMAL||Usually immediately|
|FINAL RESULTS||Immediate - 2 weeks|
|DURATION OF RESULTS||6-9 months usually longer depending on the product|
|POSSIBLE COMPLICATIONS||Bruising, infection, asymmetry, swelling, allergic reaction|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is lip filler treatment?
Will I look dramatically different after this treatment?
Can the filler move to other areas?
What can I expect immediately after the treatment?
Are there any circumstances when you can’t have this treatment?
Is there anything I can’t do before or after the treatment?
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen
- Vitamins supplements like fish oils, omega-3 fatty acids, high dose vitamin E, garlic, gingko biloba and St John’s wort
Any medication being taken that can increase bleeding like blood thinners or steroids must not be stopped and must be discussed with Dr Tash.
It is recommended to avoid lipstick/gloss to reduce any risk of infection and also that you do not consume hot liquids for a few hours after treatment. You are advised to watch out for any unusual colour change or excessive swelling over the days after treatment and contact Dr Tash urgently for assessment. Your aftercare will be discussed in more detail at the face-to-face consultation.
Can lip enhancement be done alongside other treatments?
If I stop having the treatment would I look worse than I did before I started?
How much will the treatment cost?
Examples of subtle lip enhancement
Book Your Treatment Today
Five Good Reasons To Choose Skin Enhance And Wellness
Just what makes our cosmetic skin and wellness clinic so unique?
Here are five reasons why you should choose us when you are considering cosmetic treatment.
- The guiding principle of Skin Enhance And Wellness is to deliver exceptional patient care and Dr Tash always has her patient’s welfare at heart.
2. You start with a face-to-face consultation and there will be plenty of time to consider all your options, and ask any questions you might have before you decide, together with Dr Tash, what treatment is right for you.
3. Dr Tash will work with you to identify the correct solution for you, one that is appropriate for your needs and meets your expectations.
4. Dr Tash only ever uses the best products that are sourced for her clinic through official UK Pharmacies eliminating, as far as is possible, any risk to her patients and assuring the quality of the treatments given.
5. While Dr Tash knows that to most people having cosmetic treatment is all about being more confident, she firmly believes that consultation can also help to reduce any emotional and psychological effects that a patient might be experiencing with some skin conditions. There are many other things that Dr Tash can advise you on, and these include professional skincare products and maintaining healthy skin and wellbeing.