We are instantly wired to find fuller, defined lips attractive. However, some people naturally have thin lips or the lips lose volume and definition as you lose collagen with advancing age. The development of lines around the lips contribute to an aged appearance to the face.
There are 2 common reasons for having a lip filler treatment. One is to reverse age-related changes and the other is to enhance lips with more volume, symmetry or definition or a combination of all. With ageing, genetics or smoking, skin changes lead to lines around the mouth and loss of fullness and projection of the lips. This can be successfully treated with dermal fillers. The type of augmentation will vary according to your age.
Here at Skin Enhance and Wellness, the emphasis is on making you feel more confident and Dr. Tash believes in natural-looking results. Although lip fillers are popular for replacing volume and definition, it is amazing for correcting asymmetry and proportions of the upper and lower lips. The treatment helps to improve the general condition of the lips as hyaluronic acid can hold many times its weight in water and hydrate the lips. After treatment, these premium lip fillers integrate seamlessly to give natural effects for months to come.
At a Glance
|NUMBER OF TREATMENTS||1|
|PROCEDURE TIME||30-45 mins|
|RECOVERY TIME||24-48 hours|
|ANAESTHETIC||Topical cream for 20-30mins before the procedure|
|BACK TO NORMAL||Usually immediately|
|FINAL RESULTS||Immediate - 2 weeks|
|DURATION OF RESULTS||6-9 months usually longer depending on the product|
|POSSIBLE COMPLICATIONS||Bruising, infection, asymmetry, swelling, allergic reaction|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is lip filler treatment?
A specially formulated dermal filler is injected with a fine needle or a cannula to achieve the desired effect. An anaesthetic cream is usually applied for 20-30 minutes before the procedure.
Will I look dramatically different after this treatment?
Dr Tash’s ethos is to give you a refreshed and restored appearance so treatment will be tailored to your requirements. The fillers used in Skin Enhance and Wellness are extremely successful at integrating with your natural collagen to give a smooth appearance.
Can the filler move to other areas?
No. The fillers used in Skin Enhance and Wellness have been licenced and researched for many years. Once injected the product stays where it is injected and does not move anywhere else.
What can I expect immediately after the treatment?
You can see the effects of the filler immediately after the treatment. There is usually some redness, soreness, and swelling that will subside within a few hours. Using an ice pack will help with these mild symptoms. The optimum results will be visible 7-14 days after treatment.
Are there any circumstances when you can’t have this treatment?
You can’t have the treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or if you have certain medical conditions affecting your immune system or allergies. If you are prone to cold sores we recommend you have anti-viral medication to start on the day of treatment and complete the course, as it is possible that the injection process might set off an attack.
Is there anything I can’t do before or after the treatment?
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen
- Vitamins supplements like fish oils, omega-3 fatty acids, high dose vitamin E, garlic, gingko biloba and St John’s wort
Any medication being taken that can increase bleeding like blood thinners or steroids must not be stopped and must be discussed with Dr Tash.
It is recommended to avoid lipstick/gloss to reduce any risk of infection and also that you do not consume hot liquids for a few hours after treatment. You are advised to watch out for any unusual colour change or excessive swelling over the days after treatment and contact Dr Tash urgently for assessment. Your aftercare will be discussed in more detail at the face-to-face consultation.
Can lip enhancement be done alongside other treatments?
If I stop having the treatment would I look worse than I did before I started?
How much will the treatment cost?
This is dependent on the amount of filler and the desired outcome. We can always build on the effect with subsequent treatments, tailored at every visit to achieve the desired effect. At Skin Enhance and Wellness we have interest free payment plans available to spread the cost of the treatment.
Examples of subtle lip enhancement
Book Your Treatment Today
Five Good Reasons To Choose Skin Enhance And Wellness
Just what makes our cosmetic skin and wellness clinic so unique?
Here are five reasons why you should choose us when you are considering cosmetic treatment.
- The guiding principle of Skin Enhance And Wellness is to deliver exceptional patient care and Dr Tash always has her patient’s welfare at heart.
2. You start with a face-to-face consultation and there will be plenty of time to consider all your options, and ask any questions you might have before you decide, together with Dr Tash, what treatment is right for you.
3. Dr Tash will work with you to identify the correct solution for you, one that is appropriate for your needs and meets your expectations.
4. Dr Tash only ever uses the best products that are sourced for her clinic through official UK Pharmacies eliminating, as far as is possible, any risk to her patients and assuring the quality of the treatments given.
5. While Dr Tash knows that to most people having cosmetic treatment is all about being more confident, she firmly believes that consultation can also help to reduce any emotional and psychological effects that a patient might be experiencing with some skin conditions. There are many other things that Dr Tash can advise you on, and these include professional skincare products and maintaining healthy skin and wellbeing.