Dull and Pigmented Skin
Hyperpigmentation is what results when there is increased production of melanin. This will cause the skin to appear darkened either in small areas (dark spots) or large areas (patches). Hyperpigmentation can affect all skin types but those with darker skin tones are more susceptible. It can be particularly distressing when it develops.
The three main causes of hyperpigmentation are
Photodamage (sun damage)
The skin has irregular pigmentation, including freckles, age spots and uneven skin tone. This is caused by long-term exposure to sun or tanning beds.
This is characterised by symmetrical patches that appear on sun-exposed areas of the skin, most often the forehead, cheeks, bridge of nose, upper lip and chin. The causes include long-term UV exposure, genetics and hormones present during pregnancy or the use of the contraceptive pills.
These are brown patches found in areas of the skin that have been subjected to trauma, inflammation or both. The commonest causes are acne, eczema, psoriasis or laser burns.
The Treatment options I offer
Book Your Treatment Today
Five Good Reasons To Choose Skin Enhance And Wellness
Just what makes our cosmetic skin and wellness clinic so unique?
Here are five reasons why you should choose us when you are considering cosmetic treatment.
- The guiding principle of Skin Enhance And Wellness is to deliver exceptional patient care and Dr Tash always has her patient’s welfare at heart.
2. You start with a face-to-face consultation and there will be plenty of time to consider all your options, and ask any questions you might have before you decide, together with Dr Tash, what treatment is right for you.
3. Dr Tash will work with you to identify the correct solution for you, one that is appropriate for your needs and meets your expectations.
4. Dr Tash only ever uses the best products that are sourced for her clinic through official UK Pharmacies eliminating, as far as is possible, any risk to her patients and assuring the quality of the treatments given.
5. While Dr Tash knows that to most people having cosmetic treatment is all about being more confident, she firmly believes that consultation can also help to reduce any emotional and psychological effects that a patient might be experiencing with some skin conditions. There are many other things that Dr Tash can advise you on, and these include professional skincare products and maintaining healthy skin and wellbeing.