Rosacea and Sensitive Skin
Rosacea and Sensitive Skin
This can present as redness, dilated blood vessels and reactive skin which can easily flare up after triggers. People who suffer with this condition often have flushing of the skin, burning and stinging sensations and spots on the skin.
There are 4 types of rosacea Type 1 being the mildest to Type 4 being most severe.
- Type 1: Causes facial flushing and persistent redness in a butterfly distribution.
- Type 2: As above plus bumps and pimples on skin.
- Type3: All of the above plus enlargement of the nose (Rhinophyma)
- Type 4: Eye involvement as well as all of the above.
The exact cause of Rosacea is unknown but the following have been implicated:
- Unstable blood vessels causing persistent redness, sensitivity and flushing.
- Genetics: there is a positive family history in 30% of Rosacea sufferers.
- Overgrowth of Demodex mite (normally present on human skin).
- Abnormal skin function. Water loss from the surface of the skin can cause sensitivity and dehydration.
Rosacea can be triggered by the following:
Environmental: Exposure to sunlight, Extremes of temperatures
Personal: Stress, Strenuous exercise, Cosmetic products
Diet: Spicy Food, hot drinks, dairy, chocolate, citrus fruits, caffeine, alcohol
Although there is no cure for the condition it can successfully managed by a number of treatment options at Skin Enhance Clinic. The aims of treatment are:
- Reduce Inflammation and Redness
- Reduce bacteria and other microbial agents
- Support unstable blood vessels
- Protect from UV rays
- Restore hydration to the skin
Obagi® Medical Correct and Transform your Skin
A 3-step process is recommended.
Step 1 – Appropriate Obagi® Medical System
Step 2 – Hydrators
Obagi Hydrate® & Hydrate Luxe™ are essential for maintaining healthy-looking skin.
Obagi Hydrate® is a rich hydrating moisturiser that is gentle on the skin. When coupled with Hydrate Luxe™ as a night time hydration treatment, sensitive skin can benefit from transformational results.
Step 3 – Sun Protection
ZO® Skin Health
ZO® Skin Health Steps to Skin Health – 3 Steps
Step 1: ZO® GSRTM Getting Skin ReadyTM
Step 2: Prevent and Correct
Daily Skincare Protocol
Step 3: Protect
Neostrata® Restore Range
Neostrata® Restore Range provides Powerful anti-ageing Without Irritation. This is ideal for patients with Sensitive or Rosacea-prone skin or Atopic Dermatitis who are often unable to tolerate anti-ageing treatments. Restore products are also ideal for those who want to extend or enhance antiaging benefits following a cosmetic procedure. Restore products are formulated with Polyhydroxy Acids such as Gluconolactone and Lactobionic Acid, which strengthen skin’s protective barrier, making it less vulnerable to irritants, and reduce skin redness. These PHAs are natural humectants, keeping dry skin well-hydrated, and they are highly stable and powerful antioxidants that help fight the signs of photoaging.
AlumierMD has a range of products specifically targeted to Rosacea/Sensitive skin.
Your Bespoke treatment plan will be hyper customised during the consultation.
Please click the link below to access the AlumierMD Portal where you can order the products recommended at the consultation. You will need Skin Enhance Clinic’s Unique Code in order to register.
Rosacea can cause sensitivity, redness and flushing attacks on your face. If you are a woman over the age of 30 and experience blushing attacks on your cheeks with ‘broken’ veins with or without blemishes, then chances are you are suffering from Rosacea. It...
Book Your Treatment Today
Five Good Reasons To Choose Skin Enhance And Wellness
Just what makes Skin Enhance so unique?
Here are five reasons why you should choose us when you are considering cosmetic treatment.
- The guiding principle of Skin Enhance is to deliver exceptional patient care and Dr Tash always has her patient’s welfare at heart.
4. Dr Tash only ever uses the best products that are sourced for Skin Enhance through official UK Pharmacies eliminating, as far as is possible, any risk to her patients and assuring the quality of the treatments given.