Rosacea and Sensitive Skin
Rosacea and Sensitive Skin
This can present as redness, dilated blood vessels and reactive skin which can easily flare up after triggers. People who suffer with this condition often have flushing of the skin, burning and stinging sensations and spots on the skin.
There are 4 types of rosacea Type 1 being the mildest to Type 4 being most severe.
- Type 1: Causes facial flushing and persistent redness in a butterfly distribution.
- Type 2: As above plus bumps and pimples on skin.
- Type3: All of the above plus enlargement of the nose (Rhinophyma)
- Type 4: Eye involvement as well as all of the above.
The exact cause of Rosacea is unknown but the following have been implicated:
- Unstable blood vessels causing persistent redness, sensitivity and flushing.
- Genetics: there is a positive family history in 30% of Rosacea sufferers.
- Overgrowth of Demodex mite (normally present on human skin).
- Abnormal skin function. Water loss from the surface of the skin can cause sensitivity and dehydration.
Rosacea can be triggered by the following:
Environmental: Exposure to sunlight, Extremes of temperatures
Personal: Stress, Strenuous exercise, Cosmetic products
Diet: Spicy Food, hot drinks, dairy, chocolate, citrus fruits, caffeine, alcohol
Although there is no cure for the condition it can successfully managed by a number of treatment options at Skin Enhance Clinic. The aims of treatment are:
- Reduce Inflammation and Redness
- Reduce bacteria and other microbial agents
- Support unstable blood vessels
- Protect from UV rays
- Restore hydration to the skin
Spots of acne and rosacea are often misinterpreted. Despite both conditions causing redness, bumps, and pustules on the face, they are not the same. There are indeed many similarities between these two conditions. Firstly, they are very common. Secondly, they are...
Rosacea can cause sensitivity, redness, and flushing attacks on your face. It is more common in women over the age of 30. You may experience blushing attacks on your cheeks with ‘broken’ veins with or without blemishes. Rosacea does affect men, although less commonly...
Book Your Treatment Today
Five Good Reasons To Choose Skin Enhance And Wellness
Just what makes our cosmetic skin and wellness clinic so unique?
Here are five reasons why you should choose us when you are considering cosmetic treatment.
- The guiding principle of Skin Enhance And Wellness is to deliver exceptional patient care and Dr Tash always has her patient’s welfare at heart.
2. You start with a face-to-face consultation and there will be plenty of time to consider all your options, and ask any questions you might have before you decide, together with Dr Tash, what treatment is right for you.
3. Dr Tash will work with you to identify the correct solution for you, one that is appropriate for your needs and meets your expectations.
4. Dr Tash only ever uses the best products that are sourced for her clinic through official UK Pharmacies eliminating, as far as is possible, any risk to her patients and assuring the quality of the treatments given.
5. While Dr Tash knows that to most people having cosmetic treatment is all about being more confident, she firmly believes that consultation can also help to reduce any emotional and psychological effects that a patient might be experiencing with some skin conditions. There are many other things that Dr Tash can advise you on, and these include professional skincare products and maintaining healthy skin and wellbeing.